Monday, December 20, 2010

My Very Japanese Day in Hong Kong

I love Hong Kong and Hong Kong loves all things Japanese. Therefore I love all things Japanese! I was pleasantly surprised when one of my favorite Japanesey store City Super aded a sweet potato stand! All my favorite things in one place-awesome!
 It's much more expensive than your usual sweet potato off the street from street vendors. These yellow & purple sweet potatoes are shipped straight from the Big-J to Hong Kong for my eating pleasure. I bought 3 home and it cost over $100 HK! Yikes!
 Here's the little grill they used. The yellow sweet potato was moist and delicious. The purple one had a drier texture. I definitely preferred the yellow one. 
 These are my favorite Japanese pastries! Obanyaki!!! I love the black sesame flavor but you can get it in red bean, custard, or green bean. 
 And I had Japanese for lunch too! Lunch sets are pretty reasonable. This set was $100 HK about $15 US or so. It even comes with dessert. The sashimi here is flown in from Japan. The restaurant is pretty expensive during dinner hours. 
This picture is courtesy of my sister and her awesome new dslr camera. 

Milk flavored ice cream!


I ended up dusting my lunch set, some of my aunt's and my mom's. I may be small but I have a bottomless stomach. 
Happy Eatings!

No comments:

Post a Comment