Saturday, August 7, 2010

School Food Aint So Bad... On The First Day

So I'm sure many of you have been wondering what I've been eating from the school cafeteria, which by the way is clad with lots and lots of scary huge cameras pointing at you from all over. How very Big Brother of them. The first day was awesome. I thought to myself wow this food is great! Then, I realized they never change up their food. All the choices you saw on the first day are the exact same choices you have on your 60th day...


Dumplings. At least they are freshly made everyday and not frozen or maybe that's only because China'a refrigerators don't seem to be able to get very cold so they don't have any other choice but to make them fresh.


Jia Jiang Mian. Cold Noodles with Sesame Sauce. 


Panda Express, China style. Pick 2 items and we'll give you some rice. Here's my choice of potatoes and celery. 


Did I mention all their noodles are freshly made from scratch too? There's actually a guy that is pulling the noodles. Here's some green noodles in a tomato soup. Again pick 2 items and they just throw it in. I chose a Chinese pickled veggie and tomatoes. 


Pick 2 items again. Eggplant and veggies. 

This food was actually kind of appealing for the first day but later you realize it's all the same. They just take the same things and serve them in different combinations. I just chose the meals that seemed more different to take photos of. Trust me I am so sick of tomatoes and scrambled eggs. That's like the safety dish to get in China. 

Happy Eatings!

By the way, I'm going on a Chinese food strike when I get home. No Mainland Chinese style food for at least a good 2 weeks. Of course Hong Kong and Taiwanese food is still okay since they don't have that here. Bring on the tacos & salsa too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment