Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Beijing's Crappy Weather & My Iron Stomach

I have a classmate that has literally gotten food poisoning almost once every single week the past 6 weeks. He's actually been living in Beijing for over a year and he still manages to get super sick from eating things not only from off the street, but from actual nice restaurants too. I guess I just must have developed an iron stomach from all my travels throughout Asia because I am A-OK-FINE!

The weather this entire week has been looking exceptionally craptastic. Gloomy weather mixed with hardcore pollution gives you this...


Fortunately I was still able to go out and get some fast food. Here's what I had...


Korean cold noodles! Yum!


Garlic eggplant. Yes, please!


Fish on a stick. I didn't like all the bones though. I have difficulty eating anything that takes too much effort i.e. seafood and shrimp peeling.


Look at this monster of a lamb leg. It was filled with awesome seasoning and flavor. I had to ask the waiter to give me plastic gloves to eat this thing. 


Sometimes when I'm hungry, I just go out on the street and pick out what kind of kabobs I want. I usually get a mix like this. There's squid, eggplant, beef, pork, and chicken in there. I especially have taken a liking to Chinese sausages. They have a sweet aftertaste to them. 


I've been told numerous times to not eat from shady bicycle stands that sell food so what do I do? Go eat at a shady bicycle stand that sells food! Here's some Beijing Stinky Tofu! 

Happy Eatings!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, that garlic eggplant looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. istanbul weather november The best time to visit Turkey depends on what you want to visit. With Istanbul at one end and Ankara at the other, Turkey is filled with culture and history.

    ReplyDelete