Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Days 3 & 4

Days 3 & 4 of Eating With Random People I Don't Know

Location 1: 888 Seafood Restaurant 8450 East Valley Blvd. Rosemead, 91770
Appetizer with jellyfish, thousand year old egg, scallops, mushrooms, etc. It's a cold dish.
Shrimp with mayonnaise, shrimp balls, and pecans. 
 scallops and peas. 
 shark's fin soup (not the highest quality obviously)
 sea cucumber, veggies, abalone, and mushroom
 lobster
Steamed Fish
 Chow Mien for long life
Dessert with green bean, sweet dates, red bean paste.

This dinner wasn't very impressive. They also serve dimsum in the mornings here at 888. Their dimsum isn't very impressive either so my advice is stay away if possible!

Day 4 of Eating With People I Don't Know

Location 2: Phoenix Inn Chinese Cuisine at 208 East Valley Blvd. Alhambra, 91801
Traditional veggie soup
 Cold Kitchen 
 Congee/porridge 
 Insides of pork
 Pumpkin, veggie, and beef
 tofu & veggies, lobster, string beans and fish
 More beef
Free Dessert!

FYI, Phoenix the restaurant is located right next to it's dessert shop. I don't really like the restaurant cause they've always had bad service and just okay food. This time, the food wasn't bad and there was actually some service. I think it's because it was a Monday night and there was only 2 tables. Nonetheless, I wouldn't go here on my own. By the way, I saw a bug crawling around while I was eating so do what you want with that information. Next door at the dessert shop, is another story. I'm there a few times a week!

Happy Eatings!

1 comment:

  1. X-nay on the buggy restaurant-ay. You know that I can't eat anywhere that I KNOW has insects . . . or lizards . . . running around.

    ReplyDelete